Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Tomato Grower


What would you be, if you could be anything? If you knew you could not fail, what would you do? What if nothing was impossible? What if you just did whatever it is you're dreaming of, instead of just dreaming about it? Maybe, if I knew I could not fail, I would be a champion tomato grower:-) I know it's weird, but I truly adore home grown tomatoes! There's nothing better than a tomato sandwich with mayo, salt, and pepper. Probably has something to do with growing up in South Carolina.

Maybe, if I knew I wouldn't fail, I would actually write that book, instead of always thinking about it. Isn't it interesting that in order to be a "real" writer you have to actually be published? Not so with a blog. Just type the words, press enter, and suddenly there they are, no publishing required, for everyone to read...whoever "everyone" is. I'm sure "everyone" is out there though...aren't you? Sometimes I wonder. Maybe I'm just typing, pressing enter, and out into a vast black space the words go for no one to find. See, I always said I'd never have a blog, I thought they were silly and I've always strictly been a paper and pen writer. Write what I'm thinking on the computer?! Why in the world would I want to do that? Then I found myself very intrigued by other blogs I read and wanting the person to update their blog more frequently. Now here I am, writing into the blogging community and really loving it...but, wondering exactly who I'm writing for? Me I think, though I'll be more than happy if you, whoever you are, enjoy reading what I'm writing as well. So, I'll keep on writing. Writing about my sweet Savior, my quirky family, the sunsets over my little lake, the sunrises that dawn in all their glory, about my wonderful friends, the foods I adore eating, the ocean, and all that goes on in my little life:-)

Huh, now how that all came out of being a tomato grower I'll never figure out...

5 comments:

  1. Great post, enjoyed reading it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a reader! :) I have followed the Ludy's ministry, Ellerslie, Set Apart Girl...and all that. So I added you on Facebook and thus found your blog! :) I love reading edifying blogs, so here I am ;)

    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jade! I just discovered your blog. I am coming to Ellerslie this fall and I am SO excited!. I wish I could bring you some of our tomatoes from our garden - we planted 14 tomato plants and right now we are harvesting buckets full by the day! And isn't it true how home-grown ones are incredibly better tasting than store bought ones? I love tomato sandwiches too!
    Blessings,
    ~*~elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for leaving comments, you can't know how much I appreciate knowing that you're reading what I have to say:-)

    Elizabeth, I am so very excited that you're joining us for the fall term and I can't wait to meet you!!!! I'm praying for you as you prepare to come and look forward to the great and mighty things our precious Jesus has in store for you in the 9 weeks you're with us. Thank you for wanting to bring me some of your tomatoes! There surely is nothing like a good home grown tomato;-) I'm hugging you as I write this and can't wait to give you a hug in person!

    ReplyDelete