Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

things about autumn.

Doesn't the thought of a God so wonderful, who loves us with such an incomprehensible love, make each day worth living? It does mine, anyway! :-) I was thinking of all the wonderful things that are coming in the next few months with the ushering in of Autumn! Yes, I know I keep talking about it, but you see my friend, I am dreadfully excited about this upcoming season!!! True story. So, here are a few things I'm excited about:

  • Am I the only one that's noticed how how much better coffee tastes in the fall? I'm excited about cinnamon coffee this fall!
  • Golden aspen leaves...I grew up going to the Blue Ridge Parkway every fall, which is hard to beat when it comes to amazing fall colors...however, Colorado's aspens are quite enchanting with their bright golden leaves in the fall. I don't mind them at all;-)
  • Riding my apple red townie bike (aka "Lucy") while bundled up in warm peacoat, soft scarf, and cute hat with braided hair. Yep.
  • Oh, I'm excited that I am no longer blonde! Ha! Officially brunette now:-) Gettin' back to my natural look...first time in five years. Feels good;-)
  • Ok, I know I'm now officially skipping fall to winter with this one, but I just have to tell you how excited I am to go home for Christmas and be with one whole side of my family that I've never actually been with for Christmas...at least not all of them. Did I mention they're greek?! Oh yes, that's right, can you say "My Big Fat Greek Christmas" here I come!!!! I can't even express how much I love being around them and how much fun they are! *Sighs* Christmas feels a long way off....
  • How about being excited for new boots? Well, I haven't gotten them yet...can't really afford them right now...but, I'm trusting that He'll provide them:-) Anyone remember the whole blue dress story?? Yeah, He's good like that when a want suddenly becomes a need...my other pair have a hole, but hey, they did last me for three years...
  • Oh, oh, I know! Pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, or any other spicy scent that Bath&Bodyworks invents for their plug-ins!! I'm using Apple Crumb right now and let me tell you, it's autumn in a wall plug! Seriously, you should think about trying this scent out.
  • Ginger bread and molassas cookies.
  • Thanksgiving!!!
  • Being in Jamie's wedding the day after Thanksgiving!!!!!! YAY!
  • Baking with the windows cracked and the crisp autumn air mixing with the scent of whatever happens to be baking....could someone out there please bottle this scent?! I would be indebted to you forever!
  • Apples! Wish I was close to an orchard...
  • Writing to you, whomever you are! I have a feeling this fall is going to produce some very fun blog posts:-) 
What are you excited about this Autumn?? Now, go enjoy some hot coffee (or tea) and anticipate
this delightful season that is almost upon us! Talk to you soon...

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot


6 comments:

  1. What do I love about fall?? Hmmm....

    1. Sitting in a pile of leaves with a great book!
    2. Starbucks' pumpkin spiced latte!
    3. Spending Thanksgiving with my dad's family in Oregon!
    4. Sleepovers with... Jade and Annie!
    5. Riding my bike! (I know, that could be any season!)
    6. See God's great creation!
    7. Making wool mittens...
    8. Going to Minnesota to be with friends... brrr!

    I can't think of anything else right now... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited about...
    -How God is opening my understanding of His nature, particularly as an Advocate
    -Psalms
    -Opportunities for God (aka problems)...that probably sounds kind of weird but I am learning to meet new challenges with breathless anticipation to what God will do
    A little less excited, but still excited about...
    -Fall baking: spice muffins, pumpkin pie, baked apples, etc., etc.
    -All natural, decaf tea by Good Earth called Sweet and Spicy which seriously tastes like dessert
    -Any reason to make a fire in the fireplace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I just wanted to say that I look forward to your posts and I hope that this autumn is everything you were looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me smile. :)

    Autumn is my favorite time of year and I am SO excited to be spending a big part of it in Colorado with people like you! I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be coming to Ellerslie in the summer (which is what I originally wanted) but then the Lord showed me His plans are far above my own and He knew, even when I didn't, that I would enjoy Colorado even more in the fall!

    Right now, these are the things I am looking forward to about this fall:

    -pumpkin spiced lattes (I totally agree, coffee tastes so much better in cold weather!) :)
    -snow in Colorado, which I rarely see in NC!
    -Thanksgiving with my new Ellerslie family
    -the changing leaves in the Rocky Mountains
    -cozy sweaters
    -all my purple accessories (boots, gloves, hat, coat...yes, purple is my favorite!) :)
    -cozy fireplaces
    -warm blankets and feeling warm under the covers, with the air chilly around me
    -tights
    -coming to a deeper, richer understanding of who Jesus is and discovering all He has purposed in His heart for my life
    -meeting you, Bex, and Miss Sandi (and of course everyone else)

    Aaahhh, yes...this is going to be a wonderful season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and of course the coming of Christmas...my favorite! All of fall is so enjoyable because the anticipation of Christmas is almost better than the actual day! The music, the caroling, the cookies, the sweet fellowship, the fires...I could go on and on. I like to start celebrating at the first hint of chilly weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I never thought of warm blankets and the chilly air around me! Me, too!

    ReplyDelete