Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

today.


Had a wonderfully beautiful rainy day here today. I love the rain...I feel like I come alive with every drop that falls from the ever changing sky. If I could live in a place that rained at some point in every day, I think I'd be really, truly content...well, I am really and truly content now, but there would definitely be a small corner of my soul that would smile with joy it only knows with the coming of rain. True story:-) There are times after long stretches of sun that I ache for the rain to come. I realize this is not normal, but there's just something about the rain...I feel as if the face of my God is that much closer in the rain.

So, feeling Him draw closer because of the rain...:-)....I was thinking about many things today. There was a constant dialogue going between He and I...me asking where, when, how, and He answering with a gentle smile, "I'll let you know, don't worry. Today you are right where you are suppose to be, doing exactly what I've called you to do. And every single thing you do, no matter how small, no matter who it's for, is all for the glory of My Name." Oh...that's right...I mean I know that, I just don't always think about it. There are so many times I get caught up in the grand picture that dances before my eyes. Perhaps it's the precious children I long to rescue, the weak and forgotten I want to give His voice to, the least and broken I want to be His hands for....perhaps it's all this and so much more. Yet, today He has called me to be right where I am, loving on four of the most precious kiddos I know, working for some of my best friends in the whole world, building relationships, cooking to make things easier, giving my time so others can have more of their own to do what He has called them to, looking for pictures, designing, coming to know seven of the most beautiful women who radiate Christ in every way and who I have the pleasure of working with as well, loving my family, loving those He's placed in my life, blogging...:-)....yes, all of this and more. This is what He's called me to today. Today, He has not called me to the mission field. Today, He has not called me to rescue an orphan. Today, He has not called me into the darkest corners of this world to shine His light. Today, He has not asked that I live in a hut in a country that is poor beyond comprehension. Today, He has not given me an orphanage or children to fill it. Today. Though He has not called me to any of this here in this moment today He is clearly showing me that, today, every single thing He has called me to do, no matter how small, is preparing me for all of these things He'll call me to do in the future. And though I may feel they are small and have no meaning today, He is teaching me that I need not have praise for any small thing, but simply learn the lesson they are to teach, so that tomorrow, when my days are filled with all the "big things" I will be wonderfully equipped to handle them...and discover that it was through the "little things" I learned to do today that He taught and made me ready for all that He has called me to tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. oh, how I thank God for your words. beautiful truth. so precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pieces of this post that I especially related to: "I am really and truly content now, but there would definitely be a small corner of my soul that would smile with joy it only knows with the coming of rain. True story:-)"
    "Oh…that's right...I mean I know that, I just don't always think about it."
    "He is teaching me that I need not have praise for any small thing, but simply learn the lesson they are to teach, so that tomorrow, when my days are filled with all the "big things" I will be wonderfully equipped to handle them...and discover that it was through the "little things" I learned to do today that He taught and made me ready for all that He has called me to tomorrow."
    I wrote this blog post: http://ellerslie2010.blogspot.com/2010/10/here-there-where-he-wills.html about a year ago and it's still ringing true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. Knowing that all around the world there are people feeling like I sometimes do. But we have the greatest hope ever, so I must learn every day how to live in His ever wonderful and radiant light! Knowing that God will lead us through the small stumble blocks He'll lead us to our earthly purpose and finally home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet friend, I have been learning something similar in the past few weeks. Instead of wishing for those "big" things, I have been directed to recognizing that perhaps the small things aren't quite so small as we think they are. May He sharpen our eyes to see those He is calling us to love right now in the ways which aren't really so "small."
    I went running in the pouring rain the other day. Incredible decision. Somehow it feels like His very fingers are touching your face as you look up to the heavens and you can't help but beam with joy and contentment (making you look like a fool to passerby).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi-sorry to keep commenting when I don't actually know you, but you seem like such a sweet person, I figure you won't mind :-) I really loved this post too! I think the rain is one of my favorite things God created & as for the "day of small things", I can really identify with you. I had a friend who passed away a few years ago in her eighties. She was called to the mission field in her sixties, in central Illinois. She always said that any time God called her He put a bucket of soap suds and a mop in her hand. But when she died, it took five food pantries to fill up the gap she left, and her funeral was the biggest I've ever been too-she touched so many people. I believe you are too & I am praying for you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah-Thank you so much for all your sweet comments! You are such an encouragement to me!

    Sweet Chelsea- Thank you so much for your beautiful words! You are such a blessing to my across the distance:-)

    Karlien-Thank you so much for commenting! This blog is all His so I'm so encouraged to know that He's using it to bless you:-)

    Dearest Morgan-Do you know how much I miss you? I wish you were here to stop by my room for a nice long chat. May He continue to sharpen us across the distance for that which He has called us to. I love and miss you so much! P.S. I love to run in the rain:-)

    A Grain of Wheat- Please don't ever apologize for commenting! I LOVE your comments! Comment as much and as often as you have time for:-D Thank you for sharing about your beautiful friend, she sounds like an incredible lady and I know that Heaven rejoiced over her spilled out life. May you have a beautiful day overflowing with His sweet love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An hour of waiting!
    Yet there seems such need
    To reach that spot sublime!
    I long to reach them--but I long far more to trust HIS time!
    "Sit still, my daughter"--
    Yet the heathen die,
    They perish while I stay!
    I long to reach them--but I long far more to trust HIS way!
    Tis good to get,
    'Tis good indeed to give!
    Yet is it better still--
    O'er breadth, thro' length, down length, up height, to trust HIS will! --F. M. N.
    This came from my Streams in the Desert today & I thought of your post. Praying for all of us who hear, "Wait"

    ReplyDelete