Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

dreaming...

Dreaming of sitting in a little cafe somewhere...Watching people stroll by hand in hand, the sounds of distant music floating in the air, fresh bread and pastries baking from the tiny bakery across the street. The wrought iron table I'm sitting at has a bit of a wobble, but I don't mind, because it offers the best sort of view. So, pressing my foot onto one of it's legs, I pick up my coffee cup and breath in deep. The air is rich and heady, the coffee is strong and jolting, making the combination something close to heaven. Smiling, I lift the small cup to my lips, watching all the goings on, thinking of the outdoor market that will soon claim my attention. Ah, the thoughts of huge cheese wheels, crates of rich red tomatoes, olives drenched in the best olive oil, basil, thyme, baskets bursting forth with sunflowers, roses, bachelor's buttons. Tables piled high with the sweetest figs, crunchiest apples, juiciest grapes....bliss. Every step, every corner turned, assaults the senses with the most wonderful smells and sights....and the people, well, they have stolen my heart. A violin's notes dance across the breeze and as I sit there, thinking of all these things at my tiny table at this enchanting little cafe. I realize, I am home...

1 comment: