Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Longing for Longing


"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me They glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, ' Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.' Then give me the grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus' name, Amen."
-A.W. Tozer


I would have this be the cry of my heart always and forever. To long to be filled with longing for my God. There is no greater calling than this. And how He longs for us to want Him, to spend devoted time with Him each day, to find all our joy in Him alone, to talk with Him. How can I not yearn to spend time just talking with my precious Jesus? How can I have any kind of relationship with Him if I do not pour my heart out to Him? I desire to never "vent" to anyone, but to go to He who knows me better than I know myself, with all my troubles, frustrations, and joys. Never should there be a time in my life when anyone can take the place of talking to my Lord. He is sufficient for all my needs and for all of yours as well. His mercies never end and He is faithful to those who search after His sweet face. Isn't it glorious to know that we can go to Him, the king of the universe, with every little trouble and care? For He delights to be a listening ear to us, to offer His shoulder for us to lean on, and to hold us close in His arms. How precious, how matchless, how indescribable is His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment