Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I See You


When I look at you, I see beauty that you cannot see. When I look at you, I find myself longing to hold you and never let go. Did you know that you are a part of me? You are an individual person and we are very opposite, but it's like half of my heart has been placed in your body and now it's yours. I waited so long for you. I feel like it was just yesterday that our mom told me you were coming. We laid in the bed together and wondered what you would look like. Would you be a boy or a girl and I knew of course that you would be a girl. Would you have blond hair or brunette?Would your eyes be blue or brown? And then you were in my world and from the moment I saw you I was totally in love. There was no going back because you were forever holding my heart. You changed my life completely and what a wonderful change it was.


I remember playing for hours outside with you in our little "house" under the fig tree. I

remember sharing a room with you and snuggling close on winter nights. I remember dressing you up and pushing you around in my little doll stroller, for truly you were a living doll. And from the moment I did all those things with you, you had your own opinion about every single detail. I love that about you. I love that you have your own opinion and no one can tell you otherwise. I love how you scrunch your nose when you laugh and eat ice cream as if the world were ending tomorrow. I love everything about you. When I look at you, I see a woman who can change the world and I am honored that Jesus gave you to me. Every single day that goes by, I think of you and hold you in my heart. You are my favorite person and I want you to know that I see you for who you are. No matter how different we are, no matter how different the choices for each of our lives may be, you are and always will be a living extension of half of me. And I love you. I love you

to the stars and back, I love you more than chunky monkey ice cream, I love you so much it hurts. I love you my beautiful, crazy, wonderful little sister...

No comments:

Post a Comment