Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

quirks.

I was talking to someone the other day about quirks. You know, those funny little things we all have and do because....because....well, just because. So, I thought I'd share a few of mine;-) Enjoy!


  • I always put my left contact in first. I have no idea why, but I don't think it's physically possible for me to do it the other way around. Really.
  • I have a very scientific way of eating my salad. It goes something like this: pour on dressing, cut, cut, cut, fluff with fork, turn bowl, cut, cut, cut, fluff with fork, turn bowl, etc. until salad is as chopped and fluffy as possible. Yep.
  • I have a very irrational fear of sharks. I can't even stand to look at them when we go to the aquarium...I LOVE to watch Shark Week on Discovery Channel or any other documentary on sharks I happen to come across. I know, now you're sure there's something wrong with me;-)
  • -I have terrible short term memory loss. I cannot, for the life of me, remember to do the little things I need to do. Like, when A asks me to take a container back to L's, I will say, “Sure! Absolutely!” Then, I’ll forget to do it over and over and over....she’ll even sit it next to my door and it’s the strangest thing how it becomes invisible...:-)
  • -I am right handed, however, I can’t balance anything in my right hand or carry things on my right side. For example: If I put my purse on my right shoulder, it just slips off and I have no idea why! When I was waitressing in college, I could NEVER balance a plate of food in my right hand...very bad things happened when the cooks would try and hand something off to me on that side. Also, I can’t carry a child on my right hip, yep, they just slide right on down...
  • I do not like nuts in my chocolate...especially peanuts or almonds. However, I love chocolate covered almonds (or macadamia nuts). No, it does not have to make sense.
  • I pick out all the brown M&M's from the bag, because if they're brown it stands to reason that they are more chocolatey and healthier because they don't have food coloring!
  • If I squeeze the bridge of my nose, I can make myself sneeze! And I HATE losing a sneeze!
I'm sure I have many, many more, but the funny thing about quirks is, you don't always know what they are until someone brings them to your attention;-) 

    1 comment:

    1. well, that bottom trick coudl definitely come in handy. :)

      ReplyDelete