Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love...

Oh man, such a bad idea to drink a medium size coffee at 10 at night. Umm, hello?! What was I thinking? It's what I tend to do though, I love to drink coffee at night and eat chocolate first thing in the morning...though, I do try and use some self restraint and not eat chocolate first thing very often. It is somewhat of a shock to the system;-) I love living life this way, because it's so terribly short and every day is such a gift. I love being crazy and sane, being healthy and splurging, laughing and crying, I love it all. I can't just love one side of life, I have to love every side if I'm going to love it at all, I believe. And there are so many wonderful, beautiful, extraordinary things to love!!!

I love the way frost sparkles as the new day rises to great it. I love the purples and pinks of a sun cresting the mountains to attend the day. I love the white, snow capped mountains more than I ever thought I would. I never thought I'd love them as much as the sea, but I do, just in a different way. Every upturn of my eyes to their glorious heights reminds me of the majesty of their creator and mine. I love the way, when the sky is heavy with gray clouds, the little lake outside my window soaks up their heaviness and changes to the most beautiful, deep silver. I love it much more than when it's bright and happy with the sun shining on it's face. I love the way snow crunches and makes your eyelashes heavy with passing snowflakes. I love Christmas lights, hot chocolate, and peppermint ice cream. I love rainy, English days that make me want to curl up with a good book to get lost in. I love antiques and the history that's attached to them. Give me an old anything over a new something any day. I love the smells of autumn...cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, apples. I love when the kiddos hug me longer than I do them and I have to hug back more when I would have let go. I love that. I love how A pronounces "tree" (sounds like shree), I love how excited D is to see me when he wakes up from his nap. I love B's "jump on me hugs" and P's sleepy face when she wakes up. They make me love my life so much more. I love, love, the Word of God, I love to sit and soak it up for hours. I love the thought of gazing on Jesus's face one day and never having to say goodbye...ever. I love the way my Mom smells and how, even if I'm a thousand miles away from him, I want to call my Dad when I'm in trouble, because hearing his voice makes whatever it is better. I love Earl Grey tea when I'm writing and Irish breakfast tea in the mornings. I love hugs that lift me off my feet and laughing until my stomach hurts. I love the sea and salty air, I am convinced that salt air is a cure all. I love playing the violin and listening to good music. I love cereal with extra cold milk. I love loving all of this and so, so much more.

These are just a few things I love, but the thought of just these makes life worth living to the fullest. What do you love? What makes you love your life?

Alright, I'm going to attempt to sleep so that I will love the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment