Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Incomprehensible...

This morning there was frost on the ground. There has been frost in the early mornings for a while now, but this morning the Lord used it to speak to my heart. I'm not sure why, but it truly was like a sweet gift from Him. Isn't it wonderful, the way our God works through the smallest, minutest creations as a way to speak to our soul? As I was having my quiet time with Him, I read this quote from A.W. Tozer:

"Wherever we are, God is here. There is no place, there can be no place, where He is not. Ten million intelligences standing at as many points in space and separated by incomprehensible distances can each one say with equal truth, God is here. No point is nearer to God than any other point. It is exactly as near to God from any place as it is from any other place. No one is a mere distance any further from or nearer to God than any other person."

I love this. I love the thought that you are no further from God than I am, though we may be separated by thousands upon thousands of miles. It's incomprehensible, but that is our God, incomprehensible. Everything, His love, His joy, His truth, His Word, His beauty, His power, His character, every aspect of who He is, is incomprehensible. And I am so glad He is! Can you imagine if He was comprehensible? No, for even that is beyond anything our mind can fathom.

Oh, the joy of the Lord is sweet! Today, it is a beautiful day and the love of the Lord is fulfilling and overflowing from every part of what He has made me. I love my Jesus!!! This is the Christian life, to be this full of joy and happiness. To want to shout from the mountain tops that I gaze out at from my window, "World! Stand up and listen! The joy and everlasting love of our God is incredible! He is the answer to everything, all of your problems and hurt. For only He can truly fulfill your heart and soul and make you sing and shout with a joy immeasurable. This is the truth and the truth is GOOD NEWS!! You do not have to live a miserable life, you do not EVER have to be unhappy and downtrodden again, because HE is the ANSWER!"

This is what I would shout if I could get up to the top of one of those mountains:-) This is what I genuinely feel in every part of me. So, instead of shouting and yelling, I'll just strive for my life to shout it for me. To shout that the Christian life is hard, it is not easy and never will be, but there is joy beyond measure, there is kindness and goodness, there is a purpose to stand for truth and to defend the least who are His heart. Though pain and sorrow do enter in, because it is still life on this earth, there is always peace and joy underneath the pain of this world, no matter what may happen. The Christian life is not defeated, it is not drained of all that He is, because He is so much more than we could ever imagine. This life is full of wonder and beauty, it is not condemning, yet it never allows untruth to abide and sin to reign in the smallest measure. When these things are discovered they are cast out and to walk in a different direction is the single thought. Yes, this is what I would have my life show, but above all I would have it known that I am human and I fail, yet He is God and He never fails me or you. Yes, this is good news.

And so, today I would say to you who are reading this, to be happy. Because life is beautiful and full of wonder and too short to waste on trivial things that mean nothing in the end. Be happy and full of joy in your God!

No comments:

Post a Comment